Posts for: February, 2018
Americans want to lose weight for both health and aesthetic reasons. Even a five percent loss of weight can make a considerable difference in the way a person looks and feels. Consider these pointers for weight loss and consult with a doctor at St Mary's Medical Clinic in Monroe, NC about modern weight loss solutions.
Reasons Why Weight Loss Can Be a Challenge
Many people struggle for years trying to lose weight. Here are a few of the most common reasons why it can be a major challenge:
- Your metabolism can slow down with age, making it more difficult to shed the pounds.
- It's more difficult to lose fat in certain areas of the body—especially the mid-section.
- Many people give up on weight loss when they don't see major results in a short period of time.
- It's difficult to stick to a diet plan when you don't know what to eat or you're constantly tempted by unhealthy foods.
A Few Pointers
As with most goals, you need a clear plan in place to achieve and maintain weight loss. If you're serious about losing weight, here are a few pointers to help you get on the right track:
- Change what you eat in addition to how much you eat. Focus on lean proteins, healthy fats, and plenty of vegetables.
- Make a commitment to burn more calories than you take in each day.
- Don't crash diet and try to lose a lot of weight in a short time, as those results don't usually last. Commit to losing about two to four pounds per week.
Weight Loss Treatments Available
In addition to giving you weight loss pointers, a doctor at St. Mary's Medical Clinic in Monroe can help you with a specialized weight loss program called Ideal Protein. It is a delicious meal plan that keeps your cravings at bay while nourishing your body. You might also be eligible for the HCG Weight Loss Program, which controls your appetite and regulates your metabolism.
Get Help With Your Weight
Whether weight loss is a resolution you've committed to or you just want to make sure you fit into your favorite bathing suit this summer, the team at St Mary's Medical Clinic in Monroe, NC can help. Call 704-225-0211 today to ask for weight loss consultation with Dr. Awa Igbinadolor.
Forehead wrinkles. Crows feet. Frown lines. Dynamic wrinkles often develop from repetitive facial expression, causing these fine lines to appear visible even when the face is totally relaxed.
Wrinkles are a normal part of the aging process. The most common contributors to premature aging of the skin include genetics, spending too much time in the sun, smoking and poor diet. Avoiding or limiting these activities can help prevent and lessen the effects of wrinkles.
Not all wrinkles can be avoided, and when quick, dramatic results are desired, Botox® may be a viable solution for removing wrinkles on the face caused by daily muscle contraction of your natural facial expressions. Botox® works by temporarily blocking nerve impulses, which reduces the movement of those particular muscles. With less movement, the skin surface is gradually smoothed, the lines begin to fade, and your natural vibrant skin strengthens and returns.
During treatment, very low doses of Botox® are administered by way of small injections. FDA-approved, Botox® is a safe and minimally invasive treatment. It takes just a few minutes and can last about 3-4 months. The effects are not permanent and may need to be repeated as directed by your dermatologist.
If you are interested in learning more about Botox ® cosmetic treatments, contact our office and we will be happy to answer your questions. Younger looking skin is easily attainable with the help of your dermatologist!